Saturday 28 May 2011

The Times They Are A-Changin'

The Land o’ Burns 10k Results have been published and they reveal the result that I was hoping for.  The race finished with runners being funnelled down beside the time keepers.  I wasn’t quite sure where the Finish line was and stopped my watch a little late.  I didn’t run the Ayr race in 43:00, as initially Blogged, but in a time of 42:59!  I ken it’s only one second less but it’s a vital second as it takes me below the 10k road race 43min barrier for only the second time ever.  The results also show that I placed a respectable 35th out of 158 finishers.

Bob Dylan who recently marked his 70th birthday and penned The Times They Are A-Changing named Robert Burns, whose birthplace the race passes, as his biggest inspiration.  


No comments:

Post a Comment