Friday 13 May 2011

Ignis Asset Management Women's 10k and Sailfish Bishopbriggs Sprint & Novice Triathlon

After a great night in Sammy Dow’s with The Strangers and their extremely talented and über sensual singer Andrea McNeill, I was up bright and early to support some 11,000 women, participating in this year's Ignis Asset Management Women’s 10k Road Race

As I cycled along to the Start, the first runner I recognised was Jo Jeffries, now running for Winchester.  At the Start line I chatted with loads of the runners and their supporters before taking my place amongst the photographers.  After taking pictures of the start of the race, I jumped on the bike and led Jennifer Telford along the local roads to catch the runners further along.  Unfortunately we must have stayed too long at the start and I had to leave her behind as I cycled to my next photo location, Maxwell Park.  After the majority of club runners had passed, I then jumped on my bike again and set off to Pollok Park, where I met the runners around the 8k mark.  There were some great performances on the day and it was good to see so many familiar faces both participating in and supporting the event.  Judging by the amount of smiling faces, my support seems to have been appreciated.




I headed home, stopping to pick up the Sunday papers for brunch just in time to listen to the Killie game before heading out to East Dunbartonshire, to support the Sailfish Bishopbriggs Sprint & Novice Triathlon.  There were a couple of Glasgow parkrunners participating and I said that I would pop along and give them some support.  I’ve only ever watched triathlons on the TV before and have the utmost of respect for people who can undertake such a feat.  Maybe I’ll give it a go next year.  Here’s the link to my photos. /

Results:


Tristars & Youth

No comments:

Post a Comment