Wednesday 31 March 2010

March 2010 Review – the Highs and Lows

Well what can I say, the month was going great I’d run 160 miles taken my year total to 530 and I was well in advance of my target of 2010 miles in MMX. I’ve run five races, including a couple of half marathons, which I did in under 1:40 and I've beaten my ten year PB by 2min 50secs. I’ve put in a few long runs and my short run times have been improving, as I closed in on my Glasgow parkrun PB.  It was looking good for a great season. Then as I walked through a car park to my car, the ground was uneven and I went over on my ankle and haven’t been able to run since. The physiotherapist says I’ve no chance of running a marathon in three weeks time!

On Yer Bike!
All is not lost though as I’ve taken the opportunity to, quite literally, get on my bike and, aided by a couple of long runs, I have clocked up 171 miles in the month, a total of 254 for the year.

I squeezed in one swim session but depending on my injury this may increase significantly next month, likewise with my yoga class. Although I practice myself it’s always better if I can get along to a class.

Night at the Movies
I’ve also kept up my interest in the movies watching A Prophet; The Girl With the Dragon Tatoos; The Scouting Book for Boys and The Hurt Locker.



Next month’s activities will depend very much on how my ankle injury recovers.

1 comment:

  1. That is a shame! But at least you can still cycle so the fitness you gained is being maintained. Are you starting to scope out an marathon later in the year?

    ReplyDelete