Wednesday 18 August 2010

The Glasgow Half

Well I finally gave in to the self proclaimed ‘Great Scottish Run’ and paid my £27 to run 13.1 miles through the streets and parks of Glasgow. I just don’t like to support any race which may set out to rip off runners. I’ve tried to find a breakdown of income and expenditure for the event, in order to see where all the money goes but have had no joy so far. I’d much rather give my money to a community event than a corporate event any day. However it is a popular race, it has PB potential and the Start and Finish are a short jog from my flat.


I’m also a member of the Civil Service Social Club (CSSC) which has a Half Marathon Subsidy Scheme to encourage members to run a Half Marathon by reimbursing 50% of the cost. If you are gong to take advantage of such an initiative, I suppose it makes some sense to do so with one of the more expensive races.

No comments:

Post a Comment