Friday 30 April 2010

April Round Up

April has been a very frustrating month, with only being able to run a total of five miles and missing out on the Lochaber Marathon. I did manage to walk/jog my 40th parkrun last week but my physiotherapist continues to rule out any running.


On my Bike
The only upside is that I have been able to cycle and have managed to bike more than 300 miles during the month, a total of over 560 for the year. I’ve joined a local informal cycling club and have been out with them a couple of times.  I’ve now cycled more miles this year than I’ve run. I now aim to cycle 2010 miles this year but I will need a new biike as the one I have just isn't appropriate for longer rides.  In the meantime I'm waiting for my employees to put a Cycle to Work policy in place to allow me to buy one for significantly below the price.

Swim
I made only one visit to the swimming pool but hope to get back into weekly swims now that the school Easter holidays are over.

X Training
I’ve slightly increased my time in the gym and have increased the work rate levels on the various machines and the weight of the dumb bells that I am using, now no.8. I have also progressively increased the number of sit ups that I do to 90 and I’ve given the Crossramp machine a couple of shots. It’s a good machine for working up a sweat, especially if the weather is not cycling friendly.  I've been to one yoga class but have decreased my non class yoga.

Focus
I know that my motivation has gone and that I am in danger of losing my fitness/shape so I’ll just need to persevere for self respect if nothing else until I get the all clear to run again.


Run with Mark
The biggest thing on the agenda will be my decision to run with Mark Cooper for the fifth week of his epic journey as he attempts to run 50 marathons in 56 days. He’ll be running from Amsterdam to Barcelona and I’ll be his support team from Cluny to La Chaise Dieu.


Photography
Although I’m injured I’ve still went to a number of races, usually cycling to them or taking the caravan. As well as supporting the runners I’ve been taking a few photos too. My photos have received a number of favourable comments and are being used by a number of runners on their social network profiles and/or blogs. In the old days I had a 35mm SLR and dabbled in photography, even had my own darkroom for a spell in Edinburgh. I’m thinking of getting back in to it and I’m researching 35mm Digital SLRs at the moment.


Films and Theatre
I’ve seen a number of movies both at the GFT and on DVD, including: 2012; I Am Love; Live During Wartime and Sampson and Delilah and I’ve been to the Kings Theatre to see the NTS’s production of Peter Pan.

Caravan
I cleaned up the Beachcomber and took her up to Lochaber for the marathon.  I'm thinking of buying a new one maybe even this year and I'm researching them at the moment.

New
New bike, new camera, new caravan .......we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment