Tuesday 30 August 2011

My New Mate - Power Plate

As luck would have it, my gym introduced a new toy, the day after I injured my knee: a Power Plate pro5.

I'm not convinced by some of the claims that the manufacturer's make but I'm always open minded when it comes to trying new things out.

My work based gym is very quiet, despite being very cheap, costing around £4 per month.  This means that I can get on the Power Plate when ever I like.  I've been using it for: stretches; core; strength and massage, working my way through the various exercises indicated on the diagrams posted on the wall beside it. 
  
It's maybe a bit too early for me to review the benefits, or otherwise, of using this latest piece of fitness equipment but I doubt if it is doing me any harm.  In the meantime it's keeping me occupied, at least until my knee recovers enough to allow me to do some serious running again. 

It would be good to hear the opinions from anyone else who uses my new mate.
Power Plate Web Site


1 comment:

  1. I've used them in the past to do some sit-ups, I think the idea of them is good but no where near as effective as the claims!

    ReplyDelete