Friday 5 December 2014

10,000 Miles On


Today's run was cold and wet but I loved it, as it took me through my target of running 10,000 miles since my 50th birthday on 9th June 2007. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I'd ever run again after being injured for some 18 months but I was determined to mark my half a century by racing and although I struggled around the hilly Bearsden and Milngavie Highland Games 10k Road Race in the heat and humidy and recorded a Personal Worst of 53:59 the main thing was that I was back running. There's been a number of set backs along the way but there's been more than a few high points too and I'm still running now, some seven and a half years and 10,000 miles later.


I've competed in some 329 races since my 50th birthday, ranging from one mile to 26.2 miles and I've made a lot of friends along the way. Here's looking forward to making many more along the next 10,000 miles.




No comments:

Post a Comment