Sunday 17 February 2013

Two Month's of Sickness!

Although I had been starting to feel better, a recent Doctor's appointment saw me signed off for another month but, this time, with post viral fatigue rather than influenza. However I started to feel really unwell again on Thursday 14th February and was floored with: fever; aching muscles; tiredness; a dry cough, loss of appetite and shivering. I slept for around 40 hours, taking the opportunity to change my bed linen, take on fluids and have another maximum strength LemSip whenever I awoke from my slumbers. I felt a bit better on Saturday and actually enjoyed an evening meal.

Hopefully I'll feel a wee bit better again today but given that it's almost two months since I first started feeling ill, I'm sure you can understand my concerns and frustrations. I'll give the Doctor a call on Monday and see if there's any thing else that they could test for me but until then it's back to resting, keeping warm and taking plenty of fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment