Thursday 7 February 2013

One Day Soon?




The snow was falling the other day as I looked out the window wishing that I was running.  Today the sun was shining but I was still indoors. 

There’s much more than a pane of glass separating me from where I want to be: Outside in the wind, rain, snow or sunshine, running or cycling.  Being free. Breathing the fresh February air, feeling the winter cold on my face.  

It’s been a long time now since I ran or cycled.  A lot of days spent indoors, feeling locked in.  Looking out the window and wishing that I was out there running or cycling.  Even walking would be a start. 

I don’t know how many days I’ll sit inside, on the wrong side of the window, aching.  But I do know that there will come a day when I’ll be out there, no matter what the weather is I’ll be out there running and smiling.  I hope that it’s one day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment