Thursday 14 February 2013

Christine Goudie Happy 50th!

It's hard to believe that my 'baby' sister Christine would have been 50 today!  She was the youngest of the family, having five elder brothers when she was born in Stewarton on 14th February 1963.  Sadly Motor Neurone robbed her of her life and, after a lengthy fight with the disease, she died in 1993.  I had returned to the west coast to spend more time with her and I still remember the early morning call from the hospital advising us that her battle was over.  
The people of Stewarton had rallied around to support her in her final years and to fund a trip to Disney Land with her daughter Kelly.  This was Christine's one and only trip abroad and I thank the people of Stewarton and the Scottish Sun for their support.  Her memory is always with me and many others. Happy 50th Birthday Christine!

No comments:

Post a Comment