Tuesday 4 January 2011

Me Run? Get on your Bike!

New Year - New Bike

I usually run, if not race six days, a week so this was my first 'rest' day of 2011.  I headed into Tiso for the sales but there was nothing there that caught my eye, so I popped around the corner to Dales Cycles, where I bumped into Chris Upson and Ellie Homewood on the hunt for a new bike for Ellie.

I've been looking for another bike for a long time now.  The one I have is ok for the short commute to work but isn't much good for longer distances.  They didn't have my initial choice in my size, so I had a look at the Specialized Sirrus Elite.  The manufacturer's blurb states:

 Fun can be serious work. The reasons you might ride will vary: could be an "easy" Saturday ride with friends, a 6:00 a.m. commute to work, even a 600-mile, week-long charity ride. Regardless of why you're throwing a leg over a bike, you need one capable, comfortable machine that covers all the bases with efficiency and ease. The Sirrus is just that: a lightweight, head's-up road ride that helps you beat car-trapped commuters home with a measure of safety on the weekdays, yet is still light and efficient enough for a long spin on the weekend. 

Independent reviews looked good and the Sale price was cheaper than anything I could find on the internet, so I bought it there and then.  I cycled 2010km last year, I don't know how many I'll cycle this year but I'm looking forward to getting out on my new bike soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment