Sunday 4 January 2015

Déjà vu ... ish at Victoria and Pollok parkruns

At the Coo's Tail
There was a bit of déjà vu on the 27th December, as I made a mad dash from the cancelled Victoria parkrun to Pollok Park. Two weeks earlier it had been Pollok that had been cancelled and I made my way to Victoria Park. I wasn't chasing a PB but I did want to get another parkrun under my belt and to give my Kilmarnock FC 125 year retro top a rare airing.

Super Killie 125
I thought that I had missed the Start at Pollok as the road was deserted but, after I parked the car, a marshal informed me that today's event was starting on the grass. I could see the runners heading towards the Burrell and I caught the tail runners as they headed up the hill and into the woods. It was extremely congested as I made my way up through the field, taking the time to give encouragement to some of the slower runners.

I realised that didn't even have time to remove my jacket before joining the race and handed it to a marshal at the end of the first lap. By the end of the undulating 5k, I had managed to overtake 208 fellow runners and was content to place 75th, (66th male) in a time of 23:56 and get parkrun 154 in the bag.  

After retrieving my jacket I enjoyed post run coffee and chat in the Burrell Cafe, where I learned that a few other runners had made their way from Victoria to Pollok Park before the Start. 

As usual, huge thanks to all the parkrun volunteers.


Pics by Brian Douglas



Results here 

No comments:

Post a Comment