Wednesday 18 December 2013

Photos, Races, Raffles and Clutha Fundraising


I awoke in the early hours of last Friday morning screaming with pain from cramp in both of my calf muscles. The tightness in my muscles put paid to any chance I had of racing over the weekend but I was able to run and I'm pleased to say that the pain has now gone. However I still played a small part in supporting the Scottish running community by cheering and taking photos at the Tollcross parkrun on Saturday morning and the Scottish Veteran Harriers Association's handicap race, at Pollok Park, on the Sunday afternoon. As usual it was good to spend some time with my running buddies.
They're Off at Tollcross parkrun

Tollcross photos here

Craig Brown runs to victory at the SVHA handicap race.

SVHA photos here


Trunk Monkey in Sammy Dow's

Clutha Fundraiser

In between supporting the runners, and walkers, I also played a small part in a fundraising night in support of those affected by the Clutha Vaults tragedy, hosted by Trunk Monkey and held in Sammy Dow's.

The band kindly donated their fee to the fund, as did Perfect Remedy who had performed on the Friday night, numerous other guest musicians and singer on the night. Sammy's staff also organised a raffle and a collection and to date some £925 has been collected for the extremely worthwhile cause. Thanks to everyone for their support.  

Lucky Raffles

As it happens, I was quite lucky with the raffle at Sammy's and the one after the SVHA race on the Sunday, winning an Akito Cobra biker's jacket on the Saturday and a bottle of wine on the Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment