Monday 23 September 2013

Glasgow parkrun 238 -Tom's 100th parkrun

Tom in action for the 100th time!
I tore a calf muscle last week which has resulted in me taking a week off of the running, which is a real shame as I'd only recently achieved the level of training that I was aspiring to, namely 35miles per week, with a long run of 16miles.  Never mind, I had wanted to add some cycling back into my training/commuting and managed to cycle over 100k in the last week, which is probably more than I've ever cycled in a week.
Robert wins the men's race

Marina wins the women's race
Although tempted, I decided not to run Saturday's Glasgow parkrun but to help Tom Keenan commemorate his 100th parkrun by taking a few photos for him and others who were participating in the weekly 5k event.

It was also good to see a lot of running buddies and to introduce some of them to each other, who despite participating in the same races over the years, had never met each other. 


Kenny Richmond

Sheila happy with her PB
Robert Quinn won the race in a time of 16:26 ahead of Kenny Richmond in 16:59 with Marina McCallum winning the women's 5k in 21:00 and Sheila Lewis placing second with a PB of 21:14.

Tom ran well and achieved a season's best, with his wife Carol getting another PB it was a good day for the Keenan household.


The Perts seemed to enjoy their run too with Graeme helping Hazel towards a PB.

Photos here

Results here


No comments:

Post a Comment