Thursday 31 July 2014

Queen's Baton Relay - Erica, Carol and Queens Park

I had a number of friends taking part in the Queen's Baton Relay, especially in its finishing legs through Ayrshire and in Glasgow, not least of all was Bellahouston Harriers Club President and running legend, Erica Christie.
Erica's Baton Run

Erica was scheduled to carry the Baton from stage 113 in Pollok Park, near Pollok House towards the Burrell Collection, where she handed over to Bryan Burnett.  The Club had asked if some members could make it along to cheer Erica on and, if possible, could we wear the famous club vest.  I was a bit pushed for time but I sped along to Pollok Park, using the run as part of my training session and was pleased to see that loads of other Club members had also made it along.
Loads of Bellahouston Harriers to support Erica

 Erica was just a tad emotional but she made us all proud. After she handed over to BB, I continued my run back home, where after a quick shower, I joined Maggie and hundreds of others at Queens Park, where Carol Kirkwood ran the last leg of the day.
Carol Kirkwood

Although I didn't have my camera to capture Erica's golden moment, I did manage to photograph Carol and a few of her BBC Breakfast colleagues.

Sally Nugent, Bill Turnbull and Louise Minchin


It was great to see so many nationalities coming together in Queens Park and enjoining themselves in the glorious early evening sunshine.

Queens Park

No comments:

Post a Comment