Monday 20 February 2012

Historic Saturday..... in more ways than one!

My VLM training schedule for last week included:

Monday: 8miles
Tuesday: 4miles
Wednesday: Track Session 6x800m @Bella Velodrome
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 3miles
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Half Marathon @Steady State Pace

Stuart MacDougall Leads From the Front
This was the first Saturday that I’ve not run since November, although I still popped along to Pollok Park to take some photos of the local parkrun and to see Claire Couper win her third race in successive weeks in the west of Scotland, a happy hunting ground for her indeed.  Claire ran a course PB of 19:11 and placed 10th overall.  A determined Stuart MacDougall, celebrated his 50th parkrun by leading from the start, to win the men's race in a time of 17:57.
Winning Wave


 I celebrated Kilmarnock FC’s historic victory at Ibrox with a couple of glasses of wine on Saturday night and I admit that I had difficulty in finding my mojo on Sunday morning.  I eventually made my way to Pollok Park at around 11:30 and after a wee warm up I increased my pace and ran through Pollok Park anti clockwise.  I had thought about running in the Kinloss to Lossiemouth Half Marathon, where apparently a tail wind helped the runners to good times.  Instead I settled for a similar route to last week and completed a couple of extended laps around Pollok and Bellahouston Parks.  I struggled to reach my targeted pace and slowed a bit near the end but all in all my time of 1:44:45 was about right for a Steady State training schedule.  As a reward, my schedule increased my Monday run from 8 to 9miles.  A sports massage on those sore legs of mine was well overdue, it’s been years since my last one, so I cycled along to Embody for an hour of painful treatment before heading home in the dark, wet and rain.   

No comments:

Post a Comment