Saturday 27 November 2010

Steady Improvement in the Sunshine

I’ve been holidaying in the Seaview Hotel which is at the southernmost point of Patong beach.  Every morning I run along the sun kissed beach from the hotel to the northernmost point, turn and run back to the pier.  I warm down back to the hotel, where a cool...ish shower and a dip in the pool awaits me before a rewarding breakfast.  I leave the hotel about 8:30 each morning and my beach run is around 5.2km long and is a great start to the day.  It’s not the easiest of runs, as like the Strathclyde parkrun, once I reach the end and turn around it I can see the end point way in the distance.   

The temperature seems to be rising slightly every day and the patchy clouds of the first morning have been replaced with clear blue skies and sunshine.  My first run was at an average pace of 5:24min/km and as I’ve acclimatised and rediscovered some of my fitness my pace has increased every day: 5:01; 4:53; 4:51 and 4:40 this morning.   Hopefully I'll get the benefit from training in the heat when I return to the cooler climate of Auld Scotia but in the meantime where’s the suntan lotion?

No comments:

Post a Comment