Wednesday 25 January 2012

parkrun 95 under my belt.....and new VLM Favourite...

I decided to do my 14mile steady state run on Friday, rather than the weekend, which meant that I could have a nice relaxing couple of days. Again this was a bit further and indeed a bit faster than last week’s run.  I’m starting to feel my face feel a wee bit gaunt.  Of course I still had a couple of training runs to do: a 3mile recovery one and a 6mile general run.  Although the Glasgow parkrun could never be described as an easy course, I decided to take part in the event as another training run.  My real purpose was just to get another parkrun under my belt and get one step closer to my 100 target.

A number of friends managed to get PBs, congratulations to them.  For my part, I was content to run a negative split, to finish with a time of 22:55 and to enjoy in the post race banter back in the Burrell CafĂ©.

London Marathon Favourite
I'm having some good and some bad days but to date I've stuck with my training plan, I knew that Andrew Lemoncello had got injured in his first week of VLM training, however I was a still shocked to hear that I had been installed as the new favourite: Marathon News

Joking aside, if you want to help me through my training schedule and support a good cause, then why not consider sponsoring me. See the link on the side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment