Thursday 8 July 2010

Save the Last Dance for Me

It's adios from Kate.
In late April I blogged about Kate E Deeming, who had been getting a fair bit of publicity for dancing along the Clyde side at the Broomielaw most mornings, today was her last dance there and I joined her.

She had been dancing there for four months and just felt it was time to move on. I promised in April that I would join her sometime but until today I had failed to deliver on that. As I cycled along the Clyde I had no idea how many people would be there for the last dance. Would there be a hundred yellow ribbons round that old oak tree? Sadly not, there was just Kate. She was chatting with a ‘suit’ but by the time that I had got off my bike and joined her we were all alone. She usually dances along to random songs on her ipod but today I took the lead. For some reason I had the song ‘Out of Time’ in my head. Not surprisingly she hadn’t heard of it before but I explained that it was a Rolling Stones song, which had been covered by Chris Farlowe and had topped the UK charts in 1966. More important though it’s a good song to dance to as you can see in this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNyAzuB1-rE

After our dance, we said our goodbyes, in Spanish, and I headed off to work, having boogied down the Broomielaw and had the last dance with Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment