Tuesday 22 June 2010

HM Consul General in Barcelona Agrees to Welcome Mark Cooper

I asked Mark Cooper if there was anything that I could do to support him when I returned to Scotland after running with him through France. He asked me if there was any chance of getting some form of recognition from the British Government at the end of his 50th marathon, so I contacted the British Consulate in Barcelona to see if this could be arranged.



This is part of the response which I received:

What he has undertaken to complete is amazing and I'd be very happy to meet him when he arrives in Barcelona this coming Friday. From what I understand it is scheduled to be about 15.00 in Plaza Catalunya? What are the arrangements for the arrival?

If publicity is helpful then I can contact The Times correspondent who lives here in Barcelona plus one or two other press contacts that we have.

Kind regards,

Andrew

ANDREW GWATKIN
HM Consul General
British Consulate General Barcelona
Avda Diagonal 477, 13th Floor. 08036 Barcelona.

email: andrew.gwatkin@fco.gov.uk ; tel: 0034 93 3666 210 ; cell phone: 0034 649 895 375 ; ftn: 8362 2210 ; fax: 0034 93 3666 221

url: http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk
“Promoting British Interests in Spain, with Commitment, Consistency and Confidence.”


Mark is quite a humble and unassuming guy but he does deserve all the recognition and publicity that he can get for undertaken such a fantastic challenge. I’m so pleased with the positive response from the Consul General, it kind of makes one proud to be British.

No comments:

Post a Comment