Friday 5 February 2010

One Month Done, So Far So Good!

The year has started quite well, despite the weather having a severe impact on road running and racing. I’ve still managed to keep on target for my aim of 2010 miles in XXM by clocking up a total of 178 miles in January, 22 more than the same time last year. My cycling is also up, having biked 36 miles, compared to 17 last January. Unfortunately I’ve not managed to do any swimming, which is on par with last year’s poor record.

As far as racing is concerned, postponements and cancellations have curtailed my activity but I have managed to complete four Glasgow parkruns, two of which were off road. My Seasonal Best is 22:06 – a wava of 67.83%. However last year I had only completed two races in the first month: the Nigel Barge and the Jack Crawford 10ks where my PB was 44:37, a wava of 69.36%. That said the Jack Crawford is a much flatter course than the Glasgow parkrun and a much more competitive race.

My cross training is also up with me spending some 8:05 hours doing yoga or gym work as compared to 4:39 last January.

I returned to work last June after a long period of sickness and I now do most of my training at lunch time. This has freed up my evenings for other leisure activities including: trips to the cinema where I’ve viewed at least six films; three trips to the comic club and a trip to the circus. I’ve also left Bellahouston Road Runners, where a couple of people were stressing me out, and joined my home club, the famous Kilmarnock Harriers which I look forward to representing for as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment