Tuesday 21 September 2010

Monster Pull Out for Me

Is Nessie Dead?

I’ve finally decided to join the list of those pulling out of this year’s Loch Ness Marathon. I only entered it because I won a free place in a competition but the thought of having to turn up at Bught Park at 7:30am for a 10:00am start was never appealing to me.  It’s just too long a day for me with my Chronic Fatigue. The memory of Edinburgh 2008, when I collapsed with exhaustion, still hangs over me.  Although I am now a lot better, a full marathon might just be too much for me at this stage. 
Of course I’d still like to run another Marathon but one which doesn’t involve being up three hours before the start would be much better for me. I do enjoy following a marathon training schedule and the discipline it gives. I’ve benefitted this season with significant improvement in my performances at other distances. As it happens, the Scottish Veterans Club has a Half Marathon on the same day as Loch Ness and is much more accessible to me, being held in Clydebank. It’s a handicapped race so it should be quite interesting to see how it works out and hopefully it will be an enjoyable day, maybe see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment