Friday 15 January 2010

New Year, New Challenges

I’ve been wondering what challenges to set myself this year. My running showed steady progress last year but I still feel that there is more to come as my fitness level improves. However the adverse weather isn’t good for running and a number of the races over the Festive period that I had planned to do were either cancelled or postponed. I’ve only managed a few runs outdoors and have resorted to the gym and treadmill instead. My training indicates that I’m doing well but the lack of races hasn’t afforded me the opportunity to test this for real. I’ve only in the last few days managed to get a wee bit cycling in and I haven’t to-date managed any swimming!

Marathon and PBs
I’ve been offered the chance of a free place in the Lochaber Marathon on April 18th and although I don’t know if I have it yet or not I have started my marathon training programme. I’ve been very ambitious though and decided to train for a 3:15 marathon time, which in theory should enable me to achieve my ambitions of a 20 min 5k and a 40 min 10k.

Goals
So there we have the goals, a new PB at marathon, half, 10k and 5k distances. A sub 20min 5k and sub 40min 10k and just to round it off I’ll aim to run 2010 miles this year as well. You’ve got to aim high!

No comments:

Post a Comment