Saturday 12 April 2014

My Wee Part in the Environmental Legacy of Glasgow Commonwealth Games

Architecture and Design Scotland (ADS) are hosting a seven-month programme of exhibitions, events and activities supporting the environmental legacy of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.  The Project, entitled GREEN2014, sets out to highlight a range of activities around the Games and to demonstrate how they will benefit local people for years to come.  

One such activity is the series of volunteer led parkruns, which have sprung up in the city and beyond over the last few years.  Having participated in 135 of these weekly 5k races, I'm well aware of the benefit they can play in encouraging people, of all ages and levels of fitness, to take up regular running.  I've also been know to take photographs of various parkruns, when I'm not racing, so I was delighted when ADS contacted me to discuss purchasing one of my photos for their exhibition.  I was even more delighted, when they chose one of my friends, John Smith, taking part in the Tollcross parkrun.  Off course, there's lots of other reasons to visit the Lighthouse, not least the views from the Rooftop Cafe.

The exhibition is open to the public from 11 April to 24 October and is in Gallery Two.  

The Lighthouse
11 Mitchell Lane
Glasgow
Scotland
G1 3NU

Opening Hours
Mon- Sat: 10:30-17:00
Sun: 12:00-17:00







No comments:

Post a Comment