Tuesday 8 December 2009

1500 Miles - Job Done !

Last year I ran 1431 miles so it made sense to me to set myself a target of 1500 miles for 2009. I'm pleased to say that I achieved the target on Sunday 22nd November. I had planned to complete my target at the Brampton to Carlisle 10 mile race but the bad weather and associated flooding forced me to change my plans, my fall back of doing it at the Glasgow parkrun also went awry with the weekly event being cancelled for the first time ever. I therefore got up early on Sunday morning and ran the couple of miles which I needed to reach the big 1500. No more, no less. The Fetch 1500 Mile Club reported “Two new inductees into the hall of fame, so put your hands together for Race Jase, and ian 9657, who got to 1500 and decided that was clearly plenty. It remains to be seen if he ever runs again.”

As it happened I helped out at the Renfrewshire XC Championships from 9am to about 3pm and caught the flu so my running has all but ceased at the moment……. But heh I guess it’s just a way of my body telling me that I needed to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment